Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mama Crane and her three bairns x


My mother received this rather wonderful and unusual leaving present today on the eve on our Finland departure.  My mother's maiden name was Crane and she has wanted a tattoo of the Crane bird for a long time.  During our time in Hameenlinna she became very friendly with a wonderful lady called Paivi, whose daughter Sade is one of Finland's most famous tattoo artists. 

The three birds represent of course myself and my two brothers, Connor and Matthew.  There are no other wee grandbairn birds as my mother is not sure how many she will end up with!  At the moment she has four; Malika, Ameenah, Fearghal and Nora.

Such a wonderful leaving gift from the super talented Sade.  Here is a link to her website:  http://www.sadesonck.com/

What is the most unusual leaving present that you have received?


No comments:

Post a Comment