Friday 5 December 2014

Dances of India - Book Review


Malika's Book Review

"I loved this book and learning about Indian dances; I read it and then listened and danced to  Indian music with my mum and sister Ameenah - I really wanted to dance like Maya and Leela.  I hope everyone can come to my house in Scotland and share the music and stories with me.
Maya and Leela were really nice people - I am like Maya and my sister is like Leela.  I would love to go to India so I will go and pack my bag now.
I have loved reading this book and learning to dance, dance, dance - I should practice more at home.
Also I loved the rhymes.

"All across the land, music fills the air - That's because in India, dance is EVERYWHERE!"

After listening to to the rhymes in the story I made up my own!

"The rhymes are good
I really want to have a look
Everyone should go to India and see
Or come to Scotland and
explore Maya and Leela with me!"

Thank you for reading my book review - Malika Afif-Watt x

Here is the Amazon Book Review: http://www.amazon.com/review/RLAPEQ3DVFGGL/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0991140001&nodeID=283155&store=books

And here is a link to all the wonderful Indian music that Maya and Leela love to dance to!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUR2PlgRmnHqWPMRb8Hjwze1JZJLq4cmf

And a link to the authors website!
http://ourlittleloka.com/


Thank you for reading my book review - Malika Afif-Watt x (This is me and my sister Ameenah in Morocco, two weeks ago - we went to visit my grandmother) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment